12 Hyd

Gwneud Datganiad yng Ngholeg Dewi Sant

Little did former St David's student Hywel Davies know that when he was putting together his personal statement for his UCAS application that it would lead to a monetary reward.

However, when he accepted a place to study law at the University of Glamorgan he was given the 2011 Vice Chancellor's Award for Endeavour (a prize of £2,500!). Hywel was thrilled to be honoured in this way. He said "All the effort I put into redrafting and honing my personal statement paid off and I want to thank Mr Howells and other staff at St David's for all the support and advice that helped to make my application such a success."

Claire Lewis taught Hywel A Level Law while working at St David's and she is now a lecturer in Law at the University of Glamorgan. She said "Hywel is thoroughly deserving of the award. It doesn't happen very often that you have the chance to teach someone right through from A Level to Degree Level and Hywel has grown and developed and is continuing to demonstrate high standards of studentship. I am sure that he will be successful and look forward to helping him realise his ambitions."

Hywel also wants to wish staff and students at St David's well, particularly with the up coming exams and hops many more students will follow him on the higher education journey.